TheBanyanTree: From my writing workshop......

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Wed Jun 2 07:59:59 PDT 2004

Journal Prompt
Sunday May 30, 2004
He who loves God above all things is at length the friend of God.
~Gottfried Leibnitz Outside of church, where do you find God?

I find God in the faces of my children and the faces of my
Grandchildren for I know that except by the Grace of God, they would not
exist nor would their lives be as successful as they are.

I find God in the face of my pups and their loyal eyes and in the face
of Mother Nature as I plant my gardens.

I find God in the songs of the birds as they fly above my head when
sitting at the gardens edge planting my flowers and seeds.  I find Him
in the rich, brown earth and in the gentle rain that falls and waters
that earth.

I find God in the humdrum things of my day.....the job that feeds me,
the home that warms me, the bed that affords me rest and the hot steamy
water that cleans me.

I see God in the food that I eat and the nourishment it gives my
body.....

I see God in the faces of my treasured friends who have seen me through
the worst of my days and the best of my days....

and I see Him in my memories as I scan the paths I have traveled....the
ones on which He walked with me and the ones on which He carried me.

I see God in my heart of hearts and in my mind and in my spirit, I
catch His breath in the very wind and the clouds and the sky, whether
blue or gray.

He is in the sunshine, He is in the stars, He is in the moon....He is
in the light,  He is in the night....

and it makes me know He IS the light......

...and most of all....I see Him in me when in the mirror I look, as He
floods my soul with His Being....and I know then that I can truly rest
and know His peace.