TheBanyanTree: Pieces of memories....

Sachet sachet at iline.com
Thu Jul 15 14:58:14 PDT 2004

Ah, but Laura, you are handling everything so perfectly right. I admire
your courage and sigh in empathy that you have to face clearing away her
things so soon. We didn't have the time constraints that you and Larry
do, so Scotty and I shoved my dad's stuff away in storage and couldn't
bear to go through it all for over a year. We cried and grieved all over
again when we did finally manage to sift through the memories of a
lifetime.

You are so right about having to push it all away so you can function.
You are giving hands to your grief though. Giving the gift of your time,
sorting through her things with hands of love, gentle consideration and
sincere respect. Matt and Rob will learn much of how you show love for
someone even after that person has left this earth. You honor her, greatly.

That's the thing I'm learning about grieving. It's what it needs to be
for all of us at different times in our lives, as we let it.

Thinking of you with love and prayers....

...Sachet