TheBanyanTree: Reminded

PJMoney PJMoney at bigpond.com
Thu Jul 15 18:21:37 PDT 2004

Being tired and jittery after a long day's googling and organising the
results into a coherent argument I was unable to get interested in
watching Mash, the movie, for the second time in as many weeks.  So
tired was I that I was wounded by my husband's joking avowal, that he
would repeat anyone's blather but mine.  Therefore, at 9.15pm I decided
to go to bed.  I would avoid the temptation to express my woundedness
out loud and would, perhaps, wake up early enough to go outside and see
what species of parrot has been making such a ruckus every morning at
about 6.30 am since the Dry season got properly established.

But this morning I heard no squawkings.

"There are no parrots," I mumbled into my husband's back.

"What parrots?"

"The ones that have been squawking every morning."

"Oh.  It's probably the exercises.  The noise has probably scared them
off."

"What exercises?"

"The ones defence has been having with, hmmm, I think the Philippinos
and the French and some other people."

Miserable French!  What is our country doing having exercises with the
French?  Since the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior nothing they've done
has improved my opinion of the way they behave as a nation.

Which reminds me of a joke.  Try googling the term "French military
victories" and hit "I'm feeling lucky".  Some might be offended by the
result but I think it's highly amusing.

Janice