TheBanyanTree: The Schizophrenia Diaries

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Tue Jan 27 19:34:02 PST 2004

Short Entry: 1/28/04

We're watching Law and Order. Another schizophrenic (by which I mean,
they're often on television as "crazy people" who cause damage, mayhem, and
death) who is guilty of something or other.

And Stew says, "I'm not schizophrenic enough!"

It's true. He just doesn't fit the standard perception of schizophrenia.

We laugh about it. "I don't think the CIA is after me. I see shadows at
night and hear voices in the grocery store! What good is that?"

The schizophrenic on TV says Bill Gates made him do it. We say, "Well, duh.
That's pretty obvious."

What good is it being nuts if you can't laugh about it?

Monique