TheBanyanTree: Boredom follow-up

my monique.ybs at verizon.net
Fri Jan 2 23:13:10 PST 2004

New Zealanders are known for their sense of humor.

Also, it must be remembered that in certain areas of the US, most notably in
specific areas of Washington (the state, not the district), there are
pockets of resistance to the entire New Year concept. There are those of us
who believe that if everyone were to celebrate New Year's on the same day,
the balance of power would tip precariously to the other side. So we have
come up with a plan that will restore balance to the universe.

The day after New Year's Day begins the lead in to our New Year's, which
officially begins on January 3rd. This is sufficient time after the 1st to
dispose of those nasty old psychotic breaks that littered 2003, while also
providing that necessary time lapse between everyone else's New Year and
ours.

Balance is restored. With that, I shall wish you all a happy and prosperous
2004, which begins tomorrow. On Saturday. Not on Thursday. Saturday.
Remember that. There will be a quiz later.