TheBanyanTree: Anti-snowman

JMoney PJMoney at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 25 01:09:04 PST 2004

I've never seen a snowman - not real life, in the "flesh".
The one week I was in some snow I thought that it was blech.

I had the right ensemble - gloves, parka and a hat.
The snow, it got in everywhere.  It melted. I got wet.

My hands turned into ice blocks; my lips did crack and bleed.
The sleet wounds on my poor, dry cheeks took several weeks to heal.

So you can have your snowmen, your blizzards and ice storms,
And I will stay right here, at home, where I am always warm,

Except beside the freezers, in Woolies or in Coles,
Or in some office buildings where they turn the temp too low.

How mad that in the tropics some witless, dumbo jerk,
Should make it so you have to wear a cardigan at work.

So I was very grateful, on being shown around,
To find that at my new workplace the aircon's powered down.

And at my nice new station I'll code and digitise,
In sleeveless comfort where no snowman ever could survive.

Janice
Yes!  Who'd have thought it?  I got a job.  After two years of looking and
not finding I have got a job.  And not just any job.  This one fits the
specs for my perfect job so closely that to ask for anything more would be
just greedy.  Oooh.  I am happy and scared all at the same time.