TheBanyanTree: Desperately needing your good thoughts and prayers

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Thu Feb 19 07:02:58 PST 2004

Dear Sheri,

I just sent off a note to the Tree in general but I will be more
specific in my answer to you.

My son was released from the hospital with aneurisms in tact.  There is
nothing they can do,  They have put him under 24 hour a day watch as he
convalesces at the Coast Guard station.  They are making him stay there
instead of sending him back to his apartment because he cannot be alone
right now.  He is on Plavix, Cumidan and Heprin to keep his blood
thinned and flowing through the arteries and the aneurisms freely and
past the clots that are inside the aneurisms.  Hopefully, this will keep
them from rupturing or the blood clots from breaking off and possibly
going to his brain or heart and stroking him out.

Surgery is a no-go at this time.  His condition is dangerous for
surgery at this point and because of his age, the doctors feel it would
be a last resort remedy only.

So now we wait and see.  He is in Falmouth at the Coast Guard Sation on
the Cape (Cape Cod).  He is only two hours away so I am going to be
traveling back and forth.  I am tired and he is exhausted....

But you know what the GOOD news is....HIM!  His spirits are up and he
refuses to say "die."  He is talking future plans....and if he can talk
future...so can I!

Love to all and especially you, Sheri

Sharon

>>> "Sheri Baity" <crowfly at ptd.net> 2/19/2004 6:41:22 AM >>>
ok... it's been some time... how are things??

Hugs
Sheri

http://www.coldnosed.com/farmstyle.htm