TheBanyanTree: Quick Question

JMoney PJMoney at bigpond.com
Sat Feb 21 01:05:10 PST 2004

I was doing the shower circle; get one side wet, turn, get the other side
wet, turn, do it all again.  My husband was taking a very long time to join
me.

I could hear a lot of rustling and drawer banging going on in the bedroom.
"What are you doing?" I called out over the rush of the water.

"I'm putting away my prize," he said.

Prize?

My husband is an inveterate contest enterer and
application-form-for-free-samples filler outer.  I am not, which explains
why he is always receiving parcels of things that are very occasionally
useful, whereas I never do.  And, considering the amount of junk that
accompanies the occasionally useful stuff, I wish he wouldn't either.

"What prize?" I asked.

"An American two dollar note," he replied.  "I got it for filling out a
survey."

An American two dollar note?

"Do Americans actually have a two dollar note?"

"Well, we had one."

"What's that go to do with anything?  So what if we had one?  We're not the
Yanks.  And, besides, we don't have one anymore.  We only have a two dollar
coin."

"It looks official.  It's got serial numbers and things."

"Sounds suss to me."

"Well, why don't you ask your BanyanTree friends?"

"OK.  I will," I said, and then I forgot all about it.  Careful drying,
making sure to get between every pair of toes, can do that to a person.

A couple of days later he asked me what my friends had said.  I had to
confess that I hadn't asked.  So now I'm asking.  Do Americans have a two
dollar note?

Janice