TheBanyanTree: My, how time flies!

paul paul at remsset.com
Mon Feb 16 16:40:14 PST 2004

  Way back in 2000, after a couple of weeks lead time, on March the first, Wes
said "Tonight at 5pm PST, the Spoon, after a four year run will close it's
doors."

  And so it was.

  A few of us had been playing with settings on OneList and we created
TheBanyanTree.  Perhaps to keep some of Spoon alive.  Perhaps to have a place
where we could keep telling stories.  Perhaps to move on to another place.
There were lots of reasons.

  OneList was bought by eGroups, eGroups was swallowed by Yahoo!, and being
tired of the ads popping up while trying to do anything "administrative",
about a year ago I moved the Tree to my domain.

  TheBanyanTree officially opened March 1, 2000.

  And now, we are four.

  That's my story.  What's yours?

paul