TheBanyanTree: Just send word

Tobie Shapiro tobie at shpilchas.net
Sun Feb 1 13:24:36 PST 2004

February 1, 200000004

Dear Everyone of You,

	You don't hear from me much.  And there's always some awful
reason.  Sickness, deaths, traumas, law suits.  Well, for once, my
absense has a good standard reason:

	My husband, David, super physicist and really all around nice
guy, walked out on me and my twins about three weeks ago.  No talking
about it together, no preparing the kids  (for those of you who don't
know me, my twins are 16, the boy has high functioning autism and the
girl has an anxiety disorder, serious ADD and very slow processing,
so negociating schooling for them has been a full time job for mama
advocate).

	The kids are in turmoil.  No one knows what will happen to
us.  He's not thinking clearly, and is having a major life crisis
(turned 65 and realized he'd better wake up before he keeps
sleeping), and I think he's blaming our relationship for causing this
or perpetuating it.   He won't tell me where he's staying and I can
reach him by beeper.  He feels he is saintly because he still drives
Feyna to school (she doesn't want to talk to him), and picks up
things at the stoor.  It's all mixed up in his head. I tell the kids
that Papa loves them, and it has nothing to do with them.

	Years, I huddled on my side of the bed, loveless, without a
touch or word of love, no soft talk.  We do so well with the "why are
these two people together".  interests, ethics, intellect, culture,
humour.  But he's all bottled up and wouldn't talk to me.  I went
through agony, but refused to split up because of the kids.  They
needed their dad.  I took him to therapy and he wouldn't do any of
the exercizes, or put any effort into it.  I scare him.  I get angry.
(I was driven to it, yes).   But now, we get together and talk.
Sometimes, it's very good.  Sometimes it makes me crazy because
whatever he gives to me in word or companionship, he takes back by
the next time I talk to him.  I want to work on this.  He isn't sure.

	There go 20 years?  And my kids?  They're damaged.  I'm
unable to function.  Got to go on some kind of medication before they
put me in a hospital.  Haven't been able to eat or sleep.

	There ya go.  A nice, easy read with a happy ending.

	Help.

	Love,

	Tobie
--