TheBanyanTree: Tales of a Woodcat - Cush

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Tue Dec 28 03:45:15 PST 2004

Cush the 17 year old Snow Leopard lay crunched up listlessly in a corner of his caged
enclosure, refusing all but the minimum of food, distressed and unhappy. He had been so for
three weeks since his mate of many years, terribly sick with cancer and associated diseases,
had been put to sleep by the zoo authorities.  His keeper Diana was herself distraught; despite
her affinity to 'wild' animals, very close to the love of a mother for her offspring, she had
been unable to do anything to comfort Cush.

The zoo is an attraction in a small town on the SE coast of New South Wales devoted to the
tourist trade It had been in existence for 15 years during which it had acquired a variety of
animals; large- lions, lionesses, tigers, leopards, and small - marmosets and primates of
several species including the cottontop tamarin of Colombia. It was through the harrowing
plight of one of the latter that Cush's heartbreak would be eased.

One Sunday night robbers broke into Larry's sleeping quarters and took him away with them.
Whatever their motive might have been it would prove to be irrelevant - Larry was 16 years old,
acutely tired and very frail. Possibly they meant to take both him and his mate, Curly, who was
younger and much more agile; quite likely it was her agility that saved her.

I read about Larry in a Canberra newspaper, felt a longing to be involved in the search for him
and got in touch with one of the partners who own the zoo. The next morning I purchased a
topographical map of the area and went over it meticulously with one of my dowsing tools, a
crystal pendulum. I tracked Larry south from the zoo along the major highway for about 12
kilometers then with a startling abruptness the trail shot off west into uninhabited bushland
and petered out. Team Woodcat also went into operation. Two members, one in NSW, the other in
Oregon, 'saw' Larry in uncomfortable captivity in bushlike surroundings.

The next day I drove to the zoo for a look round and a chat. I arrived about 9.30am - by
lunchtime from the energy readings I had taken I was pretty well convinced the tamarin was
where I had placed him on the map. Also by them I had 'treated' a lion and two lionesses that
were very much down in the dumps. My treatments consisted of distance energy healing and
transmitted Australian bush flower essence energies and it was gratifying to see the
improvements they stimulated. In the afternoon with another healer I trekked across a few kms
of bushland, up and down ridges, across streams and gullies, guided by my L-rods and intuition.
I am satisfied that we 'cut' Larry's energy trail towards the end of our search about two hours
after we started. The trail was significantly 'hot' in one particular place; though we found no
physical trace of him I am sure he didn't get any further.

Back at the zoo Diana asked me if I would have a look at Cush the following day . . . . .

to be continued

woodcat