TheBanyanTree: The Banyan Tree: An Update on My Llife...

Pam North gunnymom at ec.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 15:25:18 PST 2004

I actually sent out Christmas cards this year.  I didn't last year.  I just was not motivated to sit down and sign words of happiness and love when my life was in the pits.  So no cards, no Christmas lights.

And I'm not really all that exceptionally motivated this year for the holidays, but I'm faking it to keep the holiday spirit in motion...

My mission this year is to encourage a  happy holiday for my children's father.  (This is NOT the jackass who chose  a biker lifestyle over his family... I've been divorced TWICE!!)

Anyway, Jerry - their dad - is not a bad guy at all.  In fact, he's really a nice guy and a great guy to pal around with.  *I* should never have married him years ago.  We were friends and should have just left it at that.  But now we have two awesome kids, so....

And he is also going through another divorce.  But this time, the chick is trying to take him for anything she can get.  Now, having wanted a divorce from him, I feel like I can speak on this....  Divorce him!  Go your way, he'll go his and that's that.  I can understand not wanting  to be married to him.  But why try to rip him off?????  He never did anything vicious or mean!!  He didn't screw around; didn't drink excessively; didn't gamble... didn't do ANYthing!  Okay.  Maybe he IS a little boring at moments.

But this broad is trying to take him for every cent she can finagle, and he is trying to retire from the Marine Corps with loads of medical problems and still have a life....  So he sits miles away in his home along with his dog and talks to nobody.  So, I've encouraged him to drop by and spill his guts whenever he wants to.  EVERYbody needs somebody to talk to (and Carla and I have been wondering for months...!)!  And right now he needs a friend.  He even came over for Thanksgiving dinner.

(No.  STOP thinking that, you're as bad as my mom!!!!  We will never get back together, but we've always prided ourselves on maintaining a somewhat friendly relationship for the sake of our kids, and right now we both are 'single' and able to hang out if we choose.  But that's ALLLLLL!!!!!!)

Anyway, it turns out that his last/present wife wasn't much into the gift exchange thing, and the further truth is that she has some emotional issues....  But last year, the kids spent Christmas with me and he sat at home alone while she spent the day in bed.

So this year is his with the kids, and we've been thinking of great gifts for him.  Actually, my son Charlie is ALL about finding great gifts for his dad.  A green Boston Red Sox baseball hat...  a green Boston Red Sox baseball jersey....  To my son, money is NOT an issue!!!

Mostly, it's just a LOT of wrapped presents no matter what is inside.    He's taken a lot of grief this year, and right now I think he should receive a lot of holiday spirit!

Meanwhile, I don't know WHAT I am doing for the holiday....  I'm sure I won't sit around and feel sorry for myself, but I have no definite plans.

There are two gentlemen who might like my company, but I haven't made any decisions on that yet....

Mostly, I just wanted to put words on paper and I realize I've forgotten how great it feels to do that here........

Hugs and holiday love,
Pam