TheBanyanTree: Welcome Back....

Sachet Sachet at alltel.net
Mon Dec 13 19:38:00 PST 2004

It's like they are auditioning for the part of Vinny Barbarino. I swear.

"What?"

"Where?"

"When?"

Chelsea and I have been having so much fun visiting thrift, consignment
and antique stores in various small towns around us. We've been on
various missions to find an assortment of things. A wooden chair with
some type of unique style to it that I could refinish. Found one with
really beautiful carving and we redid the fabric seat on Thanksgiving
while the turkey cooked. I need a small table for my bedroom. (Zach
decided that he needed to be the one to handle the sale on it since I
don't know how to haggle and he loves to! He wasn't happy with talking
the guy down $5, so I am supposed to call tomorrow to see if the owner
will take another $5 off.)

I found a special water bowl for the pets. I had an old silver bowl of
mine, but concluded that might not be safe for the pets long-term, so I
found a HUGE cut glass bowl with a silver base so it matches their
silver food bowls. <g>

Saturday, Chelsea & I went looking for brass items. Decorative mosaic
plates, vases, candle sticks, etc. The family room is lending itself to
a Middle Eastern/Indian theme and a bit of brass scattered here and
there is perfect.

We've been adding things over the past month. We hot glued decorative
beads to the bottom of one lamp shade. Added an amber bulb to another
lamp so it casts a warm amber glow. Repainted the furnace uptake vent to
blend in with the warm pumpkin pie colored walls. (The white vent was
NOT meshing.) Hung some wooden shelves. Bought color coordinated candles
to match the couch. I repainted and added beads to the Dale Earnhardt
ceiling fan (it came with the house and had never been used since that
room is new) so it has an Egyptian look to it. Actually, Chelsea sez it
looks like it came from SG1. <g> That made me laugh, so I like it all
the more now. Anything is better than the racing flags all over it!

We've done all kinds of little things that make the room look welcoming,
comfortable and unique.

Do ya think the guys notice????????

We bring them up to the room and ask them what they think.

That's when it starts....

"What?"

"Where?"

"When?"