TheBanyanTree: Fizzical Fitness

Woofie woofie at woofess.com
Tue Dec 7 18:21:24 PST 2004

  My driver's licence is overdue for renewal, but I haven't received a
  renewal notice in the mail...so that I wouldn't have ter resit me
  licence exam etc I thought I better hop step over ter the nearest
  licensing centre and sort it out terday.

  Now..the nearest licensing centre is in East Perth...the absolute
  opposite end of town ter where work is (wot is in West Perth). By
  catching a CAT bus I could get close ter where I needed ter go in
  East Perth, albeit extremely slowly, as the CAT bus meanders all
  over Perth.  Well..after waiting 10 mins fer a CAT I finally gits
  down ter the WACA (Cricket stadium) ground in East Perth..then I was
  debussed and stuck onna nuther CAT bus cuz the one I was on was not
  leaving fer ages. I finally gits ter a stop near the licensing
  centre and walks briskly up a hill ter it.

  I goes in the licensing centre and waits inna queue ter be served
  (licensing centres is allus busy..and more so now since they put in
  a new pooter system wot doan work properly). When it is my turn I is
  told that they doan do drivers' licence renewals in East Perth no
  more and I has ter go ter the new Licensing Centre in City
  West....City West????!!!!! Arrrghhh..that is the opposite end of
  Perth, jes down the bottom of the hill where me work is!!!!!!

  I hotfoots it (it really is hot terday) a mile or so ter the
  Claisebrook station, cuz a train will git me closer ter the new
  licensing centre.

  Catches train..train waits fer ages at Perth station afore it moves
  off..finally gits ter City West Station and walks a bit more till I
  finds new licensing centre.

  Enter centre and find yer has ter take a number and sit till the
  number flashes up onna screen...they apologise fer long delays due
  ter the new pooter system...I is startin ter scritch meself by now,
  cuz I has been away from work so long..

  After a long wait me number is called and I goes ter the counter and
  explain ter leddy that me licence has expired and I haven't been
  sent a renewal notice. She feeds in me licence info ter the new
  pooter system, taps a few keys and then bursts out laughing..

  "Come back this time next year, " she sez ter me between giggles,
  whilst pointing to the expiry date printed on me licence, "
  Yer licence ain't due fer renewal till November 2005!!!!!"

  Woof, feeling slightly gerryatrick terday, even though after she
  left the licensing centre, she walked very briskly for a mile up the
  very steep hill back to work without getting out of breath!!

--
Best regards,
 Woofie ,                         mailto:woofie at woofess.com

"The one constant in life is absurdity" - Woofie - 30/4/02