TheBanyanTree: Just When We Thought It Safe To Come Out Of The Shelter

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 05:55:56 PDT 2004

Charley's predictions was news for weeks. Buy water and batteries, folks,
this is the BIG one. So, we bought batteries, boarded windows, and hunkered down,
as Beth said. And, Charley came and went, wreaking havoc, but not where
expected. Cleanup and repair will take months. But, we breathe again.

Now, here comes Frances, already a catagory four as it comes its juggernaut
way toward the Bahamas, or is it Cuba, or the Carolina coast?

It's the BIG one, folks, they broadcast with adrenelin in their voices. Buy
plenty of water and batteries.

Maybe I'll spend today and tomorrow hauling wheelbarrow loads of dirt to bank
against the low end of the barn, where it sometimes runs in under a heavy
rain.

(sigh)

NancyLee