TheBanyanTree: New Job

Sheri Baity crowfly at ptd.net
Wed Apr 21 03:31:26 PDT 2004

A couple of months ago, I was asked to submit a bio to Kolpin Outdoors.
There was a field staff position that had just opened up on the East coast.

So with the wonderful and outstanding expert advise from so many of you, my
bio was finished and off in the mail it went.  I recently got my videos
copied from my seminar that I did at the new Cabela's store in Hamburg
Pennsylvania, so I thought I would send a copy of that as well to him.

It has been about a month of not really knowing.  I had a verbal "It's a
done deal" through someone that I know, but still wasn't getting my hopes
up.  As much as I trusted this friend, I was afraid to believe or trust
until I saw something in writing.

That all changed yesterday.  I've been busy in this nightmare of finding new
car insurance and fire insurance for a home that I own for the last two
weeks.  It has been a trip through H*ll and back.  I was so danged tired
around 11 yesterday morning and decided to click the answering machine on
and just try and breath for about an hour to relax and regroup when the
phone rang.

Well, so much for the answering machine, I picked it up anyway.  She acted
like she knew me forever as she went on to give me my dates and details for
my first gig!!!!!!!!!!!  YUP, I'm now a Field Staff for Lohman calls who is
a company under Kolpin Outdoors!

All the years I've been hunting and writing for various outdoor magazines, I
never in a million years even thought or indulged in the idea that a hunting
company would pick me up.  Not even when I was asked to submit a bio.  Well,
ye of little faith finally came to the realization after my heart stopped
beating like a racing horse and the nervous jitters seized that I guess I'm
not as bad as I thought I was.

All the years of battling negativity of a woman trying to play in a mens
arena has finally taken me places.  I know I'm still going to have to fight
negative comments and such, but this time, I feel like I have finally been
validated for my accomplishments and struggles.  I feel liberated.  I feel
like I can hold my head up strong now instead of trying to melt into a group
of people while trying to gain information and share info as well hoping not
to be seen.

I will be representing Lohman calls at the Gander Mountain new store opening
in Fredricksburg, VA on June 25-27th if anyone wants to come on by.

Just thought I'd share for the day.

Crow Woman

http://www.coldnosed.com/farmstyle.htm