TheBanyanTree: Hush Lizzie

R J Fernalld srfern at verizon.net
Mon Oct 13 02:48:56 PDT 2003

"Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks...
When she saw what she had done she gave her father forty one"

Hush, Lizzie....it matters not at all what the small minds of Fall River
think, or what the asinine children sing. Andrew married that bovine
creature against all reason. He never should have married again. He
had me to bed, could have had my money....*sigh*. The trial is
over, you are free. We are free. Women do what they must to be
free.

Lizzie, you know it had to be. That jealous, religious cow knew that
you and I have been....together. To tell Andrew would have ruined
us all. Why, this town would have tarred and feathered us both,
Lizzie. Our love would not be understood. Now hush. What is
done is done...wipe your tears. Now!

I do so wish you might have seen the ridiculous look on that vile woman's
face reflected in the dresser mirror when I hit her. My hands are dainty,
I know, but I am strong. I wanted her to see who was killing her, Lizzie.
Does that make me maudlin, you think?

Anyway, that hideous creature fell, and I couldn't help myself, Lizzie.
After all the vicious things she said about us, I couldn't stop from hitting

her with that axe. It almost filled me with...bodily passion. I shivered
with such excitement. Some say we wealthy are cold, but I tell you I was
transported with ecstasy!

Brigit came in and out on the floor below with the window washing, poor girl

Then I heard her go to her stifling room. With my money for her boat back to

Ireland hidden in her dresser, she knew what was afoot. A deliciously
willing accomplice!

How I wanted you at that moment when Andrew came in the front door just
below. I heard you on the landing, I saw you look at Abby's body as she lay
bleeding beside that bed. The air was so close, the smell of the blood so
invigorating I could barely be still.

I heard you go to the barn and crept down the staircase to the sitting room.

There he lay, the great hypocrite. I raised the axe and spat out..."Lizzie
will
always be mine!" and he writhed in fear before I heard his skull...that thin

judgemental, greedy skull crack beneath my rage. That he had touched you at
all infuriated me to an extent I cannot describe!

Hush, Lizzie. The trial is over and Maplecroft conceals us. Emma is still
frightened
of me. That pleases me, Lizzie. She will not reveal our love, "forbidden"
though
it may be.

Are you too a bit frightened of me, Lizzie? I will not hurt you for as long
as you are mine. I love you.

Come....hush, Lizzie.

copyright R J Fernalld 2003