TheBanyanTree: Dawn

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 05:40:01 PST 2003

It’s 7:30 am on Sunday morning and the boys are still sleeping!  I’ve been
up since 5:30 am and I’ve taken my shower, shaved my legs, and brushed my
teeth, so I’m ready to go.

We’re being presented with a reddish dawn.  The sky is clear and it’s
relatively warm out.  The snow still covers the ground, but we might have
some major melting this week.

Several of my birdfeeders are empty, so that means the ghostly nocturnal
deer have raided them.  At this moment, my backyard is the dominion of
several gray squirrels munching on what the deer left behind.

Today will be catch-up day.  After the boys leave, I’ll put together the
turkey soup.  Go to workout.  Pay bills.  Update web sites.  Update my
Christmas card list.  Man, this is a busy time of year.

And I’ll prepare for back to reality and work tomorrow.  Audio books sound
like a good suggestion for my long nightly commute.  I feel like I’m
cheating if I don’t read the books, but then again, it’s like when my mother
used to read to me.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!
http://www.bpwmn.org

Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, "I'm going to snow. If you have on
a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway."

* Maya Angelou