TheBanyanTree: Mixing

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 18:32:09 PST 2003

Got a call today from my son Larry.  He's getting married on February
14.  I met his fiance this August and liked her, though she was waay to

high-energy for me to be comfortable around for very long, even though
her energy is good.  She has a son that was even more high-energy..
demanding attention, almost literally bouncing off the walls..  Have
you ever been around someone that drained all your energy?  That kind.
Instant relief when they go elsewhere.  I wonder if such people have a
clue of the effect they have on others..  What can you say to them?
They are just being themselves.  I wonder what my own self-protective,
reserved/stiffled emotions have on others.  I don't want to stiffle
anyone else, I just don't want to be around wild ones.   Maybe I'm
getting old.  I'd rather drift in calm waters than hold on to a rocking
boat.

Went off there.  Looks like I'll probably not be a grandparent.
Catherine (Larry's bride-to be) can't have any more children.  Looks
like I'll be step grandpa.  The wild child's step grandpa.  I guess the

best solution is to try to be a good example.  See if I can spread the
bliss of serenity.  See if I can get there myself.  Work at getting
there, or maybe just let myself be there.

Tom
deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com