TheBanyanTree: Canberra is Cool!! 24-6-03

LaRose Karr rosiebay at kci.net
Wed Jun 25 06:34:01 PDT 2003

Woofie wrote: Phar Lap was a famous race horse iffen yer is wounderin...he
went ter Amerca and them Mercans poisoned him..we has never forgiven the
Mercans fer that...his heart was massive in size..he was borned in New
Zealand, but we try not ter mention that, cuz, iffen we do, them Kiwis start
jumpin up and down about how they invented everything from pavlova ter
bungee jumpin !  And iffen that
ain't enough they has ter rub our noses in it by mentioning the fact that
our Amerca's Cup challenge yacht sank afore it even gort inna race.

LaRose writes:  This Mercan didn't know about poor Phar Lap's demise.  Could
you expound upon  how we poisoned him?  Did we feed him a sugar cube?

Geez Woofie, you really should write us more often, I enjoy your humor!  And
there is nothing like history done Woof-style.

Hugs to you,
LaRose