TheBanyanTree: Chicken Soup for the Soul

LaRose Karr rosiebay at kci.net
Tue Jun 3 11:17:48 PDT 2003

last year about my daughter, Michelle, leaving home to attend university has
been short-listed for 'Chicken Soup for the Soul Photos for Mother'
tentatively scheduled for publication in October 2003.  I received a
Permission Agreement in today's mail.

PAT, CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Good things just keep happening with your writing

Blessings on many more stories being published.

On another note, I made the decision to quit my government job - the best
paying job I've ever had.  I'll be informing my employer this week.  Money
isn't everything. If they steal your soul, it's time to go!

WOW
 when you have news you really do it in a big way.  Will you be staying
at home, penning the great Canadian novel??

I have some news.  Nothing definite yet, but I may be editing/compiling a
devotional book.  It is just in the talking stages but I’m quite excited
thinking and planning.  There’s many details to think about, and a contract
to be discussed, and of course, selling it to a publisher
 but it’s an open
door that I definitely want to pursue.  An editor is interested and likes my
ideas.

Blessings,
LaRose