TheBanyanTree: Strange Characters

Spoonoid at cs.com Spoonoid at cs.com
Wed Jun 18 11:07:18 PDT 2003

Spoonoids:

    I apologize for the spurious characters that found their way into my cell
phone story. The version I received from the list server contained a
mysterious nbsp command in the middle of the message, which changed the font style.
Very strange.
    Rather than typing the whole thing in my e-mail program, I wrote it in
Microsoft Word, then pasted it into the create mail function.  So maybe during
the translation a gremlin or somebody got in there. But, hey, it's a Microsoft
product, so I guess we can't expect too much.
    If your version came across with unintelligible gobbledygook, let me know
and I will send out a plain text version. (No fair claiming my prose style is
unintelligible gobbledygook.)

Later, John.