TheBanyanTree: I Should Have Learned to Tango

RJ Fernalld srfern at bcn.net
Sat Jul 26 01:16:05 PDT 2003

He's right. I should have learned to tango. He tried to teach me how to
melt into his rhythmic coil, to no avail. I should have seen then that I
would not survive.

The eyes that once dissolved my will gave way ten seconds ago to icy
fire. Odd, in this singular moment that I feel more alive than I knew
possible. The creases in his hands on my flesh, the glint of the blade,
the aroma of Barbados rum and tallow....my heart seems louder, the room
dimmer and his lips sweet with blood.

Splayed here in black illusion I expose nothing real. My leg ...where is
it? Oh there, twisted, bloody and numb, there it is. Candles, music, I
smell rosemary and .....amaretto?

Has he gone? No he lingers to see me fade. Come closer lover. Come kiss
me good-bye? View the blade in my breast, the breast where your lips
cooed your Portuguese filth. Yes, that's it...closer....

Can I? I must....one more push... one more.....

Thank you tango, thank you dagger... I am swimming in the candlelight.
No handsome face now...slashed it I have and deeply.... your neck
empties you...

It really is too bad.

I should have learned to tango.

copyright R J Fernalld 2003