TheBanyanTree: Mid-Summer

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 5 05:43:23 PDT 2003

We’ve had the right amount of rain.  It’s been warm without being too hot.
My garden is in full bloom.  We don’t have to wear a lot of clothes.

We had our 4th of July picnic on our deck which is under the oak trees.
Their large branches provide a natural canopy.  Martha Stewart would have
been proud.  Even though it was still light, I lit a few candles, and we
could see them flickering as we ate.  We had our hamburgers on colorful
fireworks paper plates and wiped our mouths with fireworks napkins.

The pitcher I bought at World Market (a very cool place to shop for
interesting things) had just enough condensation on it to justify the
glisten I felt on my skin.

We watched as my son and Ray put together a “legal” backyard fireworks
display.  We took off our shoes and stretched out on the patio, applauding
the pretty displays and giving the thumbs down on the ones that didn’t work.
The boys illuminated the summer night with sparklers.

Darkness brought louder and “illegal” fireworks displays from the neighbors.
The bangs, booms, sizzles, and pops punctuated the evening.  After 11 pm,
silence reigned, and the summer night stretched into infinity.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at earthlink.net

http://www.polarispublications.com
Be a star!

http://www.skywaybpw.org

Skyway Business and Professional Women

Working women connecting.

http://www.bpwmn.org

Bush is a "President who has no foresight, who cannot think properly, and
wants to plunge the world into a holocaust."

~Nelson Mandela