TheBanyanTree: Nerves

Robert McMonigal twainfan at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 3 08:44:09 PDT 2003

I've committed myself to the decision that I'm quitting my job when I go
back on Monday. It's been getting harder and harder for me to work there,
and when you no longer care that you're routinely late for work or that the
work is piling up faster than you can get it done, it's time to move on.

I've been spending today calling temp agencies and seeing how they work. I
don't like the career path I'm in (HR), so I have a great reason for why
I'm changing jobs. With any luck, I'll be in a new position possibly as
early as this coming week.

But I'm so nervous--what if I have no skills that are usable elsewhere?
What if I can't get a permanent job somewhere? What if I don't have enough
money? Why am I leaving a stable job, even if I hate it?

Frankly, I'm scared right now. Really, really scared.

Rob McMonigal
twainfan at earthlink.net
http://www.livejournal.com/users/trebro