TheBanyanTree: The Cat that Shat

pat.martin pat.martin at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 3 18:19:17 PST 2003

Here in the far north in the land of ice and snow I found myself wrinkling
my nose as I read about Ruffy's problem.  I could almost smell the darn
hound dog's liquid droppings here in my own living room.

People who don't love animals can't believe what we sometimes do for them.

I had a malodorous episode with my long-haired white cat recently.  Imagine
my noble 15 pound feline with diarrhea--liquid bowel movements that covered
his entire back end and stuck in his long fur.  What fun I had cutting off
the hair on his hind quarters and dunking him in a tub of warm, sudsy water
(while gagging)!  I'm cringing just remembering.  Even though I bathed
Kitty, he stank for days.

Ah, but I love that cat.  He is a wonderful companion.  When I watch
television, he sits on the back of the couch and acts as my head rest.  He
licks the top of my head (until I push him away), and he purrs.  When I'm
working at the computer, he sits on the floor next to me and nudges me with
his large, pink-padded paw.  "Don't forget about me," he seems to say.

Kitty gives me unconditional love, something I haven't experienced too often
with human beings during my lifetime, and for that I can overlook the rare
occasions he inconveniences me.

Get well soon, Ruffy, for Bobbie's sake... Sounds like your master loves you
a whole lot!

Pat