TheBanyanTree: Wrecked & Robbed for Xmas

alf at io.com alf at io.com
Tue Dec 23 09:02:52 PST 2003

12/23/03
A friend of mine once wrote that life teaches us to let go - "of
everything" - even Life itself.
Well hell, I was toolin roun the Wally lot at a pretty good clip when I
rounded the cement post just as the flash of the light overhead across my
windshield bounced off my glasses and blinded me -
WHAM! Dead Stop!
I came to an abrupt halt as my lil truck struck the second cement pole
(hidden from sight as it sat perfectly aligned with the fist and directly
behind it)

Lil truck was bent in and under - against the tire.
I searched for a jack (fine time to think of a jack now . . .) there wasn't
one. So, I made the decision to go ahead and blow the tire too.
I put lil truck in reverse and turned the wheel so I could at least get it
out of Wally's main drive. Chiong went the tire as the undershirt cut into
it.

I finished the lot with ye ole trusty dust pan and broom, called my
daughter to come fetch me, went home and called the wrecker & the insurance
company.
That was yesterday.

This morning I arrived home around 7:30 am - after spending the night
picking grass in a thunderstorm that usered in the norther that droped the
temps about 20 degrees (the high winds it rode in on made it feel about 10
degrees colder).
I unlocked my door and walked into ???? Where's the blower? I'd left it
sitting by the door.
. . . then my heart sank. The CD rack! and I knew then - my house was bare.
They'd taken it all. The TV, VCR, Tesa's computer, they took my damn
telehpone! They went through every drawer, every cubby hole. They even went
through the kitchen cabinets. Took the penny jar.
Both back pack blowers were gone. I wondered why they hadn't taken both
cars since the keys were laying right next to the damn telephone!

I sat right down and had myself a real good cry.
Called the cops (from an old phone I'd kept hooked to this computer) no
useable prints, No I didn't have the serial numbers for all my stuff. Did
have the serial #'s for Tesa's computers in the box that the books for it
were still in - but they took that too.
The back pack blower - hurts. I need that to do my lots (didn't take it
last night cuz I knew the storm was comin and I wouldn't need it (water
ain't good for back pack blowers). So, that's the first thing I'm gonna hae
to try to replace. They ain't cheap. Gonna go down to the local pawn shop
and see if I can buy mine back. ha ha
Over time the TV, VCR, and Tesa's computer as well as the cordless phone
w/answering machine and caller ID will all eventually get replaced.
The music on the other hand - is just gone. I had over 300 CD's (mine and
YB's together) I can't replace those.
I guess the thieves could probably get a buck or two each for them - I
don't know. But I'd rather think that they took those because they truly
loved music.

They'll dig uncle Bert and Benny too - not sold in stores and priceless -
no doubt. And of course there was Terry playing the glasses (hope they read
the cover on this one).
But will their backbones melt as Leon Redbone swoons "I wanna be seduced"?
Will they even begin to be able to relate as the Alman Brothers testify
about a "Whipping Post".
Then there's my babies - "the Moody Blues" spinning their magic into the
ride of your life?
Everybody likes Pink Floyd - don't they? My soul belongs to Pink.
I had a good chunk of Pink - even Meddle . . . Pink . . . . the untouchable
Pink!
Will the lil shits sway as Nina Simone tells em "I wanna lil Sugar in my
bowl"? Or Percy Sledge cries "Cover Me"?
Will they wrap themselves in the angelic voice of Mandy Patikin ?
Will they remember who they loved when Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" album came
out? What about the Beatles "Sargent Peppers Lonely Heartclub Band" album?
How could anyone part with that?
Oh, they got all my Tom Petty! & Cher! Damn!
Hell, I even had Donovan! How many people out there still love Donovan?
Dylan, the Grateful Dead, and  Cat Stevens?
There was the country stuff too. Willie, Waylon and the Traveling Wilbury's :)

And the Blues! Lord, YB had collected some killer Blues stuff.
I had Scott Joplin's ragtime!
I know damn good and well they never even heard of Guy Clark or Louden
Wainwright!

The lil bastards!
May their eyes fall out and their ears rot off and their feet and hands
become useless flaps of skin and bone, and their dicks swell up turn blue
and burst like baloons and run all down the front of their baggy assed
jeans and down into their ugly shoes.
And I don't mean in their next lifetime either!!

Maybe they'll bring back the ones they don't like :)
Ya think?

So, that's my xmas story for this year.

love
alice

At least I had full coverage Insurance on the lil truck.
At least they didn't see the value in mine & YB's (two) identical crystal
balls! and they left the fuckin cat!
I am blessed :)

	    ~*~
 	~*~alf~*~
~*~@io.com~*~

"I once tried to save a cat whom the dogs had chased up a tree.
Some of us simply prefer our own hell over someone else's good intentions.
I still have the scars to prove it."
                                                                         alice