TheBanyanTree: Re:The Schizophrenia Diaries 12/08/03

alf at io.com alf at io.com
Tue Dec 9 08:17:41 PST 2003

ahh yes - the real Choice . . .
it's an experiment & Stew will have to be his own guinea pig - the meds,
the side effects, etc. Keep a side effects log.
Talk to his doctor - report the side effects - ALL of them.
Ask about trying something different.
We went through that too.
Lisa is now on Risperdol. It is a lot less toxic to her beingness than the
Haldol was. She was like a zombie on that shit.
As time goes on, she'll have to change again (they say) but for now - all
is well.
There are more new and less offensive meds being created and approved all
the time so it's just a matter of trial and error as to what works best for
you and what don't. But, you have to be the one to figure that out.
The doctor's can't - no one can.
So, like Dr. Phil says "How's that workin for ya?" ha ha
If it ain't - shit can it.
Find something that will. Just don't give up! You CAN do this.

I also advise her to protect herself - no violent or very dramatic movies.
The line between reality and entertainment is far too thin for her to be
able to shake off what she sees and hears when it affects her too deeply.
I even tell her not to watch the news. She simply don't need to know about
all the world's crap and add to the number of demons in her head.

love ya gurl, you hang tough.
alice

	    ~*~
 	~*~alf~*~
~*~@io.com~*~

"I once tried to save a cat whom the dogs had chased up a tree.
Some of us simply prefer our own hell over someone else's good intentions.
I still have the scars to prove it."
                                                                         alice