TheBanyanTree: COLORS OF THE DANCE

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Fri Dec 5 12:44:56 PST 2003

Written from the journal prompt: 11/12/03  "I love the color of....."
(Another workshop)

COLORS OF THE DANCE

I love the colors of the dance.  The swirling hues of pinks and blues
and misty greens.  Bare white shoulders, slender arms swaying with the
sweet lavenders of the mystical music of the oboe and the clarinet.
Tip, tip, toeing to the swelling warm, hot red tones of piano and violin
mixing with bursts of gray and tan from cello and bass.

Oh, yes, I love the colors of the dance.

And when the dance is done I move, once more, in the blackness of my
soul and disappear beneath the weight of darkness that has become all
too familiar.