TheBanyanTree: french kiss

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Wed Aug 20 09:32:22 PDT 2003

To my lover, from a yucky, icky, kissy girl.

Locked in an embrace from eyes to toes, he wonders aloud why people like
to French kiss.  Why, when we are so germ conscious as to insist on
separate spoons to share an ice cream?  Why, when we demand no
double-dipping of chips into guacamole or fingers into frosting?  When one
of the first things we learn of the opposite sex is that they have
cooties, and our toothbrushes should not lean their heads together in the
glass?  Why this tongue on tongue and teeth and fleshy insides of gums?
All this frenetic fondling of warm, moist, delicious mouth.  This tasty
testing of lover's lips.  Delicate investigation of private spaces.
Playful then passionate, sweet, sensual.  Intensely intimate.  My breath
catches as we probe for the answer.

Julie