TheBanyanTree: I Will Love

RJ Fernalld srfern at bcn.net
Sun Aug 10 23:30:32 PDT 2003

I Will Love

Denial is a peculiar prison.
and I need no punishment from within.
Loneliness imposed by mores and impossible
moral standards even the best can't keep
are choking out the me that cares
and wants to be caring.

I will love.

Gender needs be no fence, religions be damned.
Featureless saints are unmoving and cold.
I want a lover's hand to kiss, lips to caress.
If her hair is wispy or his be luxuriant?
Rich, poor, young old the barriers detour
This hungry heart no longer.

I will love.

I want a person that gives me hope.
The man or woman who inspires my heart
black man, red woman, white lady, old man?
The veil is rent, the way is clear, I'll not deny
my need. Not one more night will I condemn
myself to phony morality.

I will love.

Come thee softly. I need gentleness.
Loveless years have bitter roots grown. Fears
have taken hold. But life is too hard.
To be loved from any quarter is the miracle
one must cherish. The morality
gamers can go to hell.

I will love.

So, come closer. Kiss my eyes and I will
make you laugh. Together we will explore
how foolish the fences make us. We will cry
at lover's movies and swim the damp sheets
after the passion. Now vows. Empty promises
bring no truths to bear.

I will love.

Male, female, black, brown, ill
or well, I will love. I will love without
guilt, proudly, in the daylight carelessly
running in public to embrace. Awake to the sun,
Asleep to the foolish, prejudiced, outraged populus?
Deny not me.

I will love.

copyright R J Fernalld 2003

--