TheBanyanTree: Citizens A'taxed en Masse (& GA too)

B Drummond red_clay at numail.org
Tue Apr 15 11:54:40 PDT 2003

It's that time again.

April 15th, the middle of the 4th month, time to pay taxes due to the
federal government.

Returns that are sent in by mail have to be postmarked by midnight
tonight or the sender may face penalties and interest charges for
failing to remit the taxes/and/or payment by the deadline.

I almost waited too late this year but have managed to send my return
and payments in on the 14th of April.  Normally I don't wait this long
but I had complications this year.  I won't go into detail.  Suffice
it to say I had a good excuse.

For some reason this year I found doing my taxes more cumbersome
that in previous years.  I used a tax program on my computer but things
seemed more nebulous this year than previous years.  I hate to itemize
deductions.  I hate keeping up with the whole mess.  Not that it's
rocket science or anything, just aggravating at times.  I like to "hit
it and forgit it", I don't like having to start and stop, go find some
odd bit that I am missing and then go back and try to remember where I
was before I was sidetracked.  Stop follows start, sidetrack follows
stop, ad infinitum.

It is done.  I can sleep tonight knowing I beat the dreaded deadline.

But I think I need another power nap. I found the whole thing a little
taxing.

   bd
     ---