TheBanyanTree: Intro

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Sun Apr 13 18:42:15 PDT 2003

Once upon a time I was 'normal'. I lived in a world where the population
worked regular hours 5, 6 or seven days a week, travelled to work every
day in trains, buses or cars, grumbled at gridlocks and queues but
persisted just the same, took a passing interest in politics and the
occasional war that flitted across the telly. I accepted all these
things and many more because I was one of the population.

Then I changed.

It was not a quick change. It began 20 years ago, it is still going on
and now I am not 'normal' any more even though the people around me
still do all of the above.

Seven years ago I put myself wholly in the 'hands' of Another, for
him/her/it to do with me as was willed. I did not become a priest, or a
minister, or a monk, or a born-again anything; in fact, outwardly I
hardly changed at all or so it seemed.  My steps, however, have followed
a different and wonderful  path since then.

Three years ago I began to acquire skills and qualities I could hardly
believe existed. An ability to 'read' the soil without putting a spade
into it, to analyse its structure and determine how to right its ills,
to see what should be growing in it and what should not. An ability to
communicate with the beings the early human race recognised as very
necessary to its continued existence - the spirits and devas of the
natural world, of the trees, rocks, water, of the very lands of the
Earth. Greatest of all, an ability to channel the power and energy of
the Universe to heal, or help to heal, the sick, be they people, animals
or the very earth itself.

Having these abilities and using them produces further change within me,
particularly the healing energy. Each time I channel it for someone or
something else's benefit, the energy goes its way through me also,
quietly and efficiently correcting dis-ease, comforting and succouring,
striking through confusion to bring a clarity of thought.

As it has in relation to 'the' war. Just as I cannot ignore injustice
any more I cannot turn my back on the war either. Nor can I promise that
I will not write about it - it is a part of my life as much as it is of
anyone else with a relative in uniform.I do say that everything I write
about, be it war or anything else, is factual or based on fact and
capable of corroboration, or fictional (in which case it will be obvious
or I will say so).  That has always been my way since I began writing -
seven years ago. In any case I can only write about the way I see
things. I cannot write from Woofie's perspective, or Jim's, or Sachet's
or anyone else's.

Clarity in relation to the Tree. Twice I have unsubscribed in recent
weeks, twice I have re-subscribed.  Each time I have left it has been
like cutting off a limb. This second time I was all set to make up my
own list but when I read the names I had written down it began to be
farcical for the list already exists - it is this Community - The Banyan
Tree.

I hope you will take me back.

Roger

Earth Healing, Energy & Water Dowsing, Reiki Practitioner

http://earth-careonline.com