TheBanyanTree: Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf . . .

alf at io.com alf at io.com
Thu Apr 10 06:40:29 PDT 2003

(the Iraqi Information Minister)

This man reminds me of a cartoon that made the office circuit back in the 70's
which depicted a great hawk whose wingspan cast a darkening shadow over the
landscape below. His giant talon reached out - open and ready to grab up his
prey . . . a tiny mouse standing upright, his tail laying limp on the ground
behind him. One hand was held behind his back with his fingers crossed as
the other hand is stretched upward toward the giant hawk
"shooting the bird".

The message on the bottom of the page said -
"THE LAST GREAT ACT OF DEFIANCE"

While the great Saddam hid like the chicken shit he is, this lone ranger
with the heart of a lion stood fast and gave his all day after day to stand
in total defiance of the siege of his homeland.

No matter how silly we may think his tactics were, one can not help but
admire his tenacity. Even if it was all just for the cameras. Good Show
Dude!

This rebel won my heart. I will miss him.

That said, Ain't them American soldiers sumpin!
I am SO proud!
I am also relieved that it went so well.
"Well" - hell it was AWESOME!

Now - for the hard part.
Laying the stepping stones for a better tomorrow.
A tricky dance indeed.
My hopes are high. I wish them well.

alice

	    ~*~
 	~*~alf~*~
~*~@io.com~*~

"I once tried to save a cat whom the dogs had chased up a tree.
Some of us simply prefer our own hell over someone else's good intentions.
I still have the scars to prove it."
                                                                         alice