TheBanyanTree: ok, what's going on?

paul paul at remsset.com
Tue Apr 1 21:01:19 PST 2003

  Is everyone doing an April Fool's on me?

  It seems that when moving a list, you will have problems.  Big fat Godzilla
fighting Mothra with atom bombs exploding problems.  So far?  Almost nothing.

  I checked mail this morning and had two of everything from the list.  "oh,
just great! move the list and it all goes to heck."  Then the monthly message
with my password came in.... three times.
  Oddly enough with three different passwords too.  Well, no one calls me
"Speedy".  I discovered I had an extra subscription.... my address I use for
Yahoo.  Duh!

  One person was "no-mail" at Yahoo, can't get in to change her settings for
some reason and wants off the list because she hasn't posted in ages.  So I
looked.  Hmm, since September is "ages"?  (and as soon I find that msg in my
mudpit of an Inbox, I'll fix ya up).

  If that's it for trouble, <shrug> I'm not complaining.

--------------------------------

  Today was nice.  Sunny, windy, warm.  Well, if 74 F is warm.  Great day to
open the house.  Found an emu chick, put it in the hatcher.  Fed the cats.  If
the two girls are not full of kittens, they have some serious health problems.
Time will tell.  Re-arranged furniture in the house for the second day.

  I'm pooped.

  The printers have moved into the next room.  Of course that meant a hole in
the wall for their power cables from the UPS and for the Ethernet cable.  But
first, a ton of stuff, including seven old monitors, had to be moved.  And then
a shelf of books needed to be stacked out of the way.

  So much for the guest bedroom being ready for guests.  :)

  With the printers moved, the "small" china cabinet in the dining room was
moved.  I say "small" because it's just four feet wide, six feet tall, and
sixteen inches deep.  The damn thing seems to weigh six hundred pounds.  Empty.
Anyway, the Pez are where the printers were.     Then, the grandfather clock
moved from the living room to the dining room.  It looks mahvelous there.
Sounds good too.
  The wall clock from the end of the hall went to the living room.  'Cause we
noticed we were staring holes into the wall.... where the grandfather clock was.

  Almost every picture in the house has been moved.  The big mystery is "why do
I have leftover furniture?"

  Oh, I know!  Because the junk that was on/in that furniture is in heaps in the
guest bedroom.

  It's time to haul a few trailers of stuff to the local thrift shop.

paul
   http://remsset.com

   "When I was born, I was so surprised, I couldn't talk for a year and a half!"
        -- Gracie Allen