TheBanyanTree: stop the presses!

Teague, Julie Anna jateague at iu.edu
Fri Jan 5 07:19:21 PST 2024

No worries, Pam.  There are easy things to grow.  And the cut flower business is just a whole 'nother level of work so they have long stems and a long vase-life and different varieties than you find as plants at the nursery.  Ain't nobody got time for that unless you are planning on making a buck off the effort.  My old method of having a nice flower garden: 1. throw some plants in the ground and the ones that live, live, and 2. Go to the flower nursery in May like ever-buddy else and get whatever they got.  In other words, I was pretty much like you until I went nuts on this thing, and I still managed to have flowers blooming.  Okay, maybe I've been somewhat nuts about it for a long time. But you can have flowers, too, with just the method you are using.  Although I think I mentioned to you, Pam, that I could get you a list of things that can be treated like old shoes and still thrive in your garden.  The ONE rule you can't really ignore in gardening at any level is  "Right plant in the right place."

And now I'll cease and desist on the gardening talk.  I'm hell at parties--you don't want to get me going on the subject.  Most of my victims start nodding off and heading to the drinks table after five minutes.

Julie