TheBanyanTree: [UpperBranches] When it rains it pours…

LaLinda twigllet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:47:03 PDT 2023

Julie, you have been a great parent: LOOK AT WHO YOUR SONS ARE.  That's how
I look at it. They have to live their lives
themselvesDamnKidsDon'tListenToUsAnyway,DontchaKnow.

Our kids have grown up to be people who are kind and respectful of others.
I'm impressed with how lovingly Seth and his partner, sorry, I've
 forgotten, already, but how together they were during the pregnancy and
loss....their focus was on them, their relationship, the future.

People with consciences. People who think, weigh and measure.

I have a nephew, Robin's son, who is unable to do this. I won't tell you
the story, it's just tragedy after tragedy. Her daughter, as well,although
she was happily married, for, like a year, before she had emergency surgery
for extensive disease, endometriosis. So, now that they can't have
children. The marriage is on the rocks, and pardon me, but there is a
helluva lot more to marriage than giving birth.

The thing I've noticed is that "kids," have to learn how to make decisions,
in line with their values. Some people, like Robin's kids, had the benefit
of her absolute, sacrificial love. No time for discussion of values, it was
about surviving their psychotic father, who locked them, as toddlers, in
the basement and turned the lights off. MONSTER. My kid's father has
completely forgotten who they are, and I wish I were kidding. I know their
pain...if not right in front of Dad's eyes, forget it. He has even said, in
front of them, that his stepson, is "the son he never had." Well, I guess
this is part of how things played out and he was ordered to leave. Okay,
he's, he is an arse, but is also legitimately mentally ill. ::shrug:: They
get love and support from Kevin and me. Kevin's one kid ought to find out
how awesome his father is,  but he cannot act like or speak like an adult,
he is acting out his 11 year old self. Forever. He mentioned, say, 8-9-10
years ago, that he has never felt like an adult. That's because he is
still, emotionally, a child under his sick mother's thumb. And a
narcissist. My kids' dad is also a narcissist. So was my stepdad and
stepmother. Likely, my father, as well...My point is, even if there are
poor examples, most of them got what they needed, and, prayerfully, they
grow, the ones who felt loved, but haven't figured it out, yet. Robin's
kids are heartbreakingly needy, and, quite frankly, they scare the crud out
of me. They both want to bond with me, and...they are so UnWithIt, they are
doing very poorly at navigating their lives and the world in general.

Good job, Jules!

                                                   ---
                                                  ----