TheBanyanTree: Old Times

dale.m.parish at gmail.com dale.m.parish at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:16:16 PDT 2023

A long time ago, I was given a Palm Pilot, which I quickly learned to love.
It stored all my contacts names, addresses, email, phone numbers, birthdays,
etc. and it soon migrated into a Palm compatible cell phone, which
eventually had to be upgraded to an iPhone.  Each generation of hardware got
the migration from the previous generation so that I didn't loose any
contacts.

Today, my iPhone is a wonder-literally thousands of contacts, vendors, data
bases, etc.  And full of surprises.

The other day I wandered down the caverns of that device and stumbled into a
chamber full of Julies, Mik, Cecil, Barbara, Alice, Frank, StarGazr.  and
just after that is when my iPhone reminded me that today is Star Gazer's
birthday.  And that reminded me that in cleaning out all Cindy's stuff, I
had just run across two of the four cassettes that contained Cecil's
playlist from way back when.  Hundreds of songs from the turn of the
previous century that he'd listed as he described how his family had
migrated west in a wagon across northern Texas.

Takes me back.  Way back.  Happy Birthday, Youngblood.  Cecil, I've lost
your birthday over the decades.  You, too, Alice.  Have contact with your
granddaughter; maybe she can tell me.

Dale

--

Dale M. Parish                                 For All Of Mankind'S Supposed
Accomplishments,

628 Parish RD                                 Our Continued Existence Is
Dependent Upon 20

Orange TX 77632-0264                   Centimeters Of Topsoil And The Fact
That It Rains.

Dale.M.Parish at gmail.com                                           --Toilet
Stall Wall

409-790-2352