TheBanyanTree: something more or less completely different

peter macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Sat Sep 3 20:18:45 PDT 2022

Just posted to FB, to mess furiously with their algorithms:

It being a lay day, I was checking the commonplace file for ideas, and
came across this note, from a dozen years in the past:
Dragons hate chocolate. Consider this: every person I know loves
chocolate, and none of them has ever been attacked by a dragon. It
follows that all the chocolate haters have been eaten by dragons, which
shy off at the merest hint of the cocoa bean.
Nobody alive has ever seen a dragon, because since the chocolate haters
have been eliminated, there has been no food for dragons, and they have
all moved to another planet.
Don't stop eating the chocolate, because if they come back, you will be
dragon droppings, quicker than you can say "brown bread!"
End of note: I estimate that if I can come up with 31 other theories
like this, I can have an entertaining book. If I don't think of any
others, I will write a popular diet book about the central role of
theobromine as an antidraconic agent.
This will reap me a fortune, because it tells people to eat something
they like, but dresses the advice up in New Age gibberish. Note: the
foregoing is entirely fictitious, and any similarity to any existing
dietary manuals is purely coincidental.
And then, my standard greeting to obnoxious sales people, to really
banjax the FB plotters:
/excreta tauri cerebrum vincit./..
peter