TheBanyanTree: Fragility

Theta Brentnall tybrent at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:03:33 PST 2022

You're going through a move, which is a whole monster level of stress in
itself, and the grocery rearrangement is just the cherry on the top.  We
saw a flock of people with clipboards in our grocery store just shortly
before we left on this trip, and I walked up to the older person in the
group and asked if this was a plot to rearrange the store yet again, and
he threw his hands up and said in a panicked voice, "no, no, no! These
are just new employees and they're learning the store."  Apparently I
was not the only one to imply there would be repercussions if they
shuffled the shelves again.

The next time you're searching for your cereal, check the regular cereal
aisle, probably right between Captain Crunch and Lucky Charms.  In the
last re-org the clever store designer decided that organic didn't need
it's own section, so things were scattered throughout the store.  It
caused so much backlash from customers and the store employees who were
filling pickup orders that they finally grouped all the organic,
health-food items in their own little part of each section, so all the
organic cereal is together at the end of the cereal aisle instead of
being flung willy-nilly throughout the whole cereal aisle.

On your next trek to the grocery store, put on your leopard print
underwear and and imagine yourself as a fearless hunter, spear in hand,
setting out to prowl through the grocery jungle in search of your prey.
You can even stalk down the aisles with a snarl on your face.  You'll
either have fun frightening the staff, or someone will swoop in to guide
you to fulfill your shopping list in record time.

Theta