TheBanyanTree: Change

Monique Colve monique.colver at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 09:27:49 PST 2022

No. I have loss of brain mass. Anesthesia can make it worse, of course, but not for this length of time, and it's been getting worse for a long time now. I have long term memories, and I know the difference. This has been tested and retested and it's an actual fact. You're minimizing what I know to be true, which is, as I said, what people tend to do. It's one of the reasons I can't work. It's vascular Parkinsonism.

I'm not your mom or your coworker. I'm me. When I go to PT I have to remind them not to overtire me, because once I came home and my vision blurred out. That's another event just waiting to happen, or not, no one can tell without more tests. Anyway, I go to PT to have fun. We laugh, we joke, we work hard, but not so hard I blow my brain mass up more.

I find the more I accept what is, the happier I am. I have my own person right here to tell me what has gotten worse and what hasn't - he sees me every day. The memory loss is such a slow process.

The key is to know when to quit - I kept working because "keep trying" but I also damaged myself by having another stroke. Knowing when to quit is the important part.

Monique
Sent from my iPad