TheBanyanTree: every last drop

tobie at shpilchas.net tobie at shpilchas.net
Tue Feb 23 10:08:06 PST 2021

oh yes the burden of being too sensitive and too intelligent and too talented.  The top of the bell curve like those people as much as they like idiots, clods, the "ugly", the "off" and the slightly different.

	My mom used to tell me a story about her own trials with too smart and too sensitive. She went to her aunt (the one she worshipped, the one who sailed to China and lived there for 9 years, the one who mentored her and awakened her to feminism (yes in the 1930s) and worldly concerns) My mom complained, "What’s the use of being smart and sensitive? When you see things and they hurt you, it just makes life harder."  And Aunt Anne said to her:

	Well, you could always be a carrot.

	I heard about that interchange frequently and it was nice to know that wisdom often comes with humor. The lesson goes deeper.

I’ve read all your words and love that you’re out there being who you are and that you heard me ……… what did I do?  squawk? yelp? yip? moan?

Thank you

Really so much,

Tobie