TheBanyanTree: Who The Hell is My Secret Santa? (paul)

Jena Norton eudora45 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 26 07:03:25 PST 2021

I agree Santa, et al, are for kids. When I was still a believer, I also noted the shopping trips the moms went on, leaving us with dads. And that all of a sudden, I was no longer sent to the attic to get something during December. So, of course, I sneaked up in the attic and peeked. Yep, there were all the goodies! I was around 7. I asked an older neighborhood kid about this. He told me to keep believing for a couple of more years, because the older you get, the more socks and underwear and clothes you get. I didn't have any younger siblings, but by the time I was10, I had a nephew, and then were younger cousins, so I did get the speech.
And Jacky Boy was right. The gifts from Santa got more practical!
As a side note, there was the year Mr. and Mrs. Santa had a profound disagreement on what I should get for Christmas. I made quite a haul! I got a baby doll, a play kitchen, a tea set, a BB gun, a pocket knife, and a compass. I was 6,
Jena Norton