TheBanyanTree: Cats, falls and afib

LL DeMerle twigllet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 13:17:22 PST 2020

That's my life. Well, Ben's wife is in the hospital laboring to give birth,
ATM, so, good for them. Ben had Kevin go over to his house on Father's day
to present him with a book Kevin used to read the boys, and inside was an
ultrasound picture. We hen did not hear anything until the other day when I
nagged him to text.after her due date. We skipped the Zoom shower, I had a
watercolor workshop that day, and, I was also, sorry, put off by the net
invitation. It was so Ben-heavy, that I was truly concerned how he would
handle giving birth. I thought maybe I was being petty, but Christine came
into the kitchen  with her hand over her mouth. We figured he didn't know
how this works. When I shopped, I chose from the registry, but also chose
some extras for the mama, only, because se is going to need some support.

I did text Tina a couple of weeks before the shower to check and see how she
is doing. I make no effort with Ben, since he wants to resume his place at
the table with his snark, sarcasm and insults, and, I figure, since we've
dine that so many times, why, again? Also, I'm trying to avoid stress and
shit stirring. That wouldn't be it.

I've had a LOT of a-fib since Mia died. We have Alice now, who is hilarious
and the happiest cat I've ever seen, but she doesn't love to cuddle. She
loves to sit on Kevin and Steve, but not me. I have had some drama with
looking for another Siamese to rescue, which I won't go into, the story is
sad, etc., but there is another on the horizon.

Falls. I don't know how the first one happened, it felt like a wire around
my foot, but nothing was there. I went down very hard and it knocked the
wind out of me. A few days later, I was picking up Alice, she leaned east, I
lurched west, began to fall and she used my face as a launchpad. I have
bever seen so much blood, thanks, anticoagulants! I had a bit of a bad time,
on the second day, I was wondering if I should be in the H, but I try to
stay out of that place with the Covid crap. Even the almost constant A
fib..it will stop for a couple of days and start again.I am not going. They
put the overflow C patients in cardiac, which is where my cousin's nurse
wife caught it. Not for me.

We've enjoyed watching Bridgerton.Steve bought us an airfryer, which makes
awesome chicken tenders! Steve also got a new job working in the billing
office of a cable company while he goes back to school. Christine is halfway
though her certification as a medical transcriptionist to fund the rest of
her NP degree. Kevin is fine, wants to retire.

That's the tea,