TheBanyanTree: Green Corn Moon

dale.m.parish at gmail.com dale.m.parish at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 20:59:49 PDT 2020

Seems like the more things change, the more they stay the same.  COVID-19 has

messed with a lot of people's lives, but around here, not much has changed.

We're thankful that we're both retired now and not dependent upon a job that

could have gone away with the lockdown.  And while we miss visiting with

friends, we've gotten used to our routines.  Every once in a while, when
Cindy

gets restless, we load Beaux, the Australian Shepherd, and all her cameras

into the truck and strike out somewhere that there may be something needing

its picture taken.  I drive and she does drive-by shootings.  If an in-depth

investigation is needed, I keep Beaux company while she investigates which
lens

is needed with which camera.

I want to spend more time on the tractor, but know that before I mow the

orchard, I need to use the pole saw to cut all those limbs that have grown
down

in the years since I trimmed last.  Beavers plugged up too many of our

culverts last year, and I've got one pond that is going to require my getting

down in the ditch with a 6 m rebar and trying to pull out all the sticks that

have been shoved into that pipe.  It's going to be messy, and I'll probably

wait until my brother can get on the other side of the ditch and pull with
the

tractor.  Sounds like a good excuse, anyhow.

Two friends have tested positive to COVID-19; the pastor and his wife of one

of the churches in Orangefield both died of it last week.  One of the

non-profits with which I work is continuing to plan for the fall fundraisers

knowing that the odds are against it being permitted to happen.  The fall

state-wide conferences for two organizations to which I belong are going

virtual--don't know how that will work out-- the whole reason for going to

those is to see the latest developments in technology and meet old friends.

I had hoped that I'd not be tied to computers during retirement-- spent 30

years working with them, on them, about them, and now I find that I'm being

encouraged to volunteer to work-- remotely-- since the volunteer work I used

to do is prohibited for the time being.  Aggravating.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hugs,

Dale

--

Dale M. Parish                For all of mankind's supposed accomplishments,

628 Parish RD                 our continued existence is dependent upon 20

Orange TX 77632-0264          centimeters of topsoil and the fact that it
rains.

Dale.M.Parish at gmail.com                   --toilet stall wall

409-790-2352