TheBanyanTree: Wherein peter falls down a hole

peter macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 10 16:07:34 PST 2019

No wells in this area, as we are almost on top of the hill. No real
aquifers in the sandstone, either.

The current leading theory is that thirty years ago, when this block of
six units was built, the builders filled in the garden area at the end
with a mix of rubble and dirt, and in that, there was a large mass of
vegetation which has since been eaten or rotted away.

If that is so, my plan to fill the hole with vegetation and logs is
probably not a good idea.  I will collect rocks and spare masonry blocks.

peter