TheBanyanTree: Cheer Up, Tobie...

Dale M. Parish dale.m.parish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 19:01:35 PST 2019

Tobie rote:
> I was going to write in to ask everyone for a joke or two,

An Irish priest was transferred to Texas.

Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day
in his new west Texas mission parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to
get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was
a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called
the local police station.

 The conversation went like this:

 "Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

 "And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann 's
Catholic Church. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would
ye be so kind as to send a couple over lads to take care of the matter?"

Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and
recognizing the foreign accent, thought he would have a
little fun with the good father, replied, "Well now Father,
it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment......
Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye,'tis certainly true; but we are also obliged
to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call."

Mildred, the Church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals,
kept sticking her nose into other people's business. Several members did not
approve of her activities but feared her enough to maintain their silence and distance.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused Frank a new member, of being
an alcoholic after she saw his old pickup truck parked in front of the town's only bar
one afternoon.  She emphatically told Frank, (and several others), that everyone seeing
it there would know what he was doing!

Frank,a man of few words stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away.
He didn't explain, defend or deny.  He simply said nothing.  Late that evening, Frank quietly
parked his pickup truck in front of Mildred's house, walked home and left it there all night.

Hugs,
Dale
--
Dale M. Parish			For all of mankind's supposed accomplishments,
628 Parish RD			our continued existence is dependent upon 20