TheBanyanTree: What I did on my birthday

JENA NORTON eudora45 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 20 12:14:56 PDT 2018

I’m okay with everything but the fish cake and bitter melon, because I haven’t had that combo before. I was fortunate in my early years to be exposed to foods quite alien to the South by Ashkenazi neighbors from NY and later by Sephardic friends in Atlanta. And there are some traditional Southern foods I never took to, like (shudder) chittlins AKA chitterlings. I just don’t do innards!

I hope I can find a good Chinese bakery here for moon cakes, lotus cakes, and winter melon cakes like one I loved in SF. Lots of ethnic food here in St. Louis area I’m looking forward to trying! There’s a Ugandan restaurant nearby that has my curiosity piqued!

Sent from my iPad