TheBanyanTree: Lego logistics

Anita Coia anita at redpepper.net.au
Sat Jan 13 13:19:04 PST 2018

Haha, thanks everyone, good to know the experience has been the same. I
like the idea of a big tub with some smaller ones for special pieces,
though I know the big tub will be upended on the floor regularly and also
collect miscellanea, like Laura's. The smaller tubs already include
Blu-Tack (invaluable construction product!), various Octonauts characters,
human hair and fluff from the carpet, bits of paper, etc.

Tobie, so wonderful to hear from you! Max is 5 and yes I think your
suggestion about asking him is a good one. I laughed when I read your
account of asking the kids about consequences - you're dead right, they
come up with creative, hilarious and often quite severe consequences. Max
is quite warlike at the moment (while being beautifully emotionally
perceptive and affectionate - who said kids can't differentiate between
real and make believe!), so he could come up with anything from removing
limbs to removing Pillow (his comfort pillow) for a week.

I'll keep you all posted...

Anita