TheBanyanTree: Spring has hit Sydney

peter macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 22 14:23:11 PDT 2017

The weather has been saying it for months, the flowers have been out for
six weeks. Yesterday, up at the nursery, crows were waddling around,
picking up sticks and flying up into trees.

I was dropping smaller dead trees nearby, so I gathered up some suitable
twigs from the upper ends of the trees and laid them down on grass near
the play area of the Montessori pre-school, just across the road, so the
children can see a sign of spring.

This morning, the rainbow lorikeets were in the Grevillea next to our
balcony. When the sun comes around the corner, I will start snapping.
Meanwhile, here's a shot from last year.

Today, I am listening to the ms of the latest monster, 400,000 words of
science backgrounders, distilled into mp3 files. I will be out on the
balcony, listening to that, to music from my Working playlist, and to
the lorikeets.

p1

Peter Macinnis         petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
manufacturer of automated parakeet flensing systems
at Manly NSW, the birthplace of Australian surfing
http://oldblockwriter.blogspot.com/